Schoolhouse Shop Hop July 5-29, 2023
We are four of your favorite quilt shops.
We are having a Shop Hop and you are invited!
Please join us and celebrate Fourteen Years of the Schoolhouse Shop Hop!
It’s back to school time! Gather all your quilting “classmates” and head off to “Summer School” for a fun-filled, prize-packed shopping adventure on the Schoolhouse Shop Hop, July 5 – 29, 2023.
Registration begins in April 2023.
The Schoolhouse Shop Hop is now a four-week event with ample time and opportunity to visit all the shops.
EACH shop will have their own business days and hours. Please check and plan your shop hopping accordingly.
Cobblestone Quilts: Wed – Sat: 10 – 3
The Quilted Crow: Tues – Sat: 10 – 4
Quilted Threads: Wed – Sat: 10 – 3
Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center: Wed – Sat: 10 – 4 (July hours ONLY)
How to Register?
Register at one of the participating “Schoolhouse” quilt shops…
– Cobblestone Quilts
– The Quilted Crow
– Quilted Threads
– Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center
Upon payment of the $8.00 tuition, you will receive a Guidebook with shop information, your first FREE quilt pattern, and a tote bag (while they last).
“Summer School” begins July 5th
Visit each participating shop and…
- Present your own Guidebook to be stamped. Guidebooks are non-transferable and only ONE per person.
- Enter the weekly door prize drawing – $25 gift certificates.
- Collect a FREE fat quarter.
- Collect another FREE quilt pattern. (Each shop chooses a different pattern.)
- Shop Hop Quilt Kits: Each shop will have fabric kits available for the primary shop hop quilt pattern and for their second free pattern.
Complete “Summer School”
You have officially “graduated” and will be eligible for prizes when you have…
- Visited ALL four shops in person.
- Had your Guidebook stamped in each shop during the event.
- Presented your completed Guidebook at the last shop you visit.
- Filled out a ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Received your Graduation Gift.
- Received a coupon for a 20% off Shopping Spree, to be used later at ALL four shops.
Gifts & Prizes
Over $5,000 in Prizes & Gifts will be given away. Over $8,000 in Fat Quarters will be given away to those who participate. Grand Prize Drawing will be held in early August 2023.
One Grand Prize
$300 Gift Certificate Package
($75 Gift Certificate from each participating shop)
20 Additional Prizes:
4 – $75 Gift Certificates: 1 from each shop
4 – $50 Gift Certificates: 1 from each shop
12 – $25 Gift Certificates: 3 from each shop
1 – Free tote bag (While supplies last)
1 – Free fat quarter from each shop you visit
16 weekly door prizes: $25 gift certificates (4 from each shop)
Upon “Graduation” (by visiting ALL four shops) you also receive:
1 – Graduation Gift
1 – 20% Off Coupon to be used at a later date
Main Quilt Pattern
The 2023 main quilt is “Pinwheel Crossings,” designed by Beverly McCullough. Blending a love of threads and fiber in a quilt design, the pinwheel blocks are set on point with cross-stitch inspired sashing. Look for the “cross-stitches” (the big X’s) in the sashing between the scrappy pieced blocks.
Quilted Threads’ version of the shop hop pattern features a variety of floral prints from Rifle Paper Company and others, accented by soft blue blender prints. The finished throw-size quilt measures 58 x 77 inches. Fabric kits will be available during the shop hop. The free pattern is included with your shop hop registration materials.
To view the other participating shops’ versions of “Pinwheel Crossings,” please go to their websites.
Organizations we have supported with your help
A portion of all booklet sales have been donated to…
• 2010 – Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
• 2011 – Fisher House Boston
• 2012 – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
• 2013 – SANS (See A New Sun) Foundation
• 2014 – Abby’s House Worcester, MA
• 2015 – Midway Shelter Bradford, NH
• 2016 – Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center Newburyport, MA
• 2017 – YWCA Central Mass Domestic Violence Services Worcester, MA
• 2018 – Bridges Domestic & Sexual Violence Support Nashua/Milford, NH
• 2019 – Five Local Food Pantries: The Townsend Ecumenical Outreach, Henniker Food Pantry, Our Neighbors’ Table, The Open Cupboard Pantry, and Wheat Community Connections
• 2020/2021 – Four Local Food Pantries: The Townsend Ecumenical Outreach, Henniker Food Pantry, Our Neighbors’ Table, and Loaves & Fishes
• 2022/2023 – Four Local Food Pantries: The Townsend Ecumenical Outreach, Henniker Food Pantry, Hudson Community Food Pantry, and Our Neighbors’ Table
Schoolhouse Shop Hop is on Facebook!
Like and follow to catch all the excitement of the best Shop Hop ever!
2023 Shop Hop Winners
Thank you to those who participated in the 2023 Schoolhouse Shop Hop! Over 600 quilters registered and over 400 completed the Schoolhouse Shop Hop by visiting all four shops. It was a wonderful event and best of all everyone had a great time. Over $5,000 in Prizes and Gifts were given away. And this year over $7,000 in Fat Quarters were given away to the participating shop hoppers!
And a BIG thank you to ALL who registered for the Schoolhouse Shop Hop 2023. We were able to donate a check for $135 to EACH of the following food pantries:
- The Townsend Ecumenical Outreach
- Hudson Community Food Pantry
- Henniker Food Pantry
- Our Neighbors Table
Just a reminder for those who completed the Schoolhouse Shop Hop by visiting all four shops – You received a coupon for 20% off one entire purchase at each shop, to be used from October 1 – November 30, 2023! The coupon is for in-store and applies to full-priced, in-stock merchandise. Some exclusions may apply. Make sure you put your coupon in s safe place.
Here are the 2023 Schoolhouse Shop Hop Grand Prize, Additional winners, and Weekly Door Prize winners:
2023 Schoolhouse Shop Hop Prize Winners
Grand Prize Winner
$300 Gift Certificate Package ($75 from each shop)
Additional Prize Winners
$75 Gift Certificate
Angela Linke (Cobblestone Quilts)
Lois St John (The Quilted Crow)
Suzanne Lahti (Quilted Threads)
Cynthia Gay (Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center)
$50 Gift Certificate
Sue Turcotte (Cobblestone Quilts)
Michelle Deslauriers (The Quilted Crow)
Connie Profita (Quilted Threads)
Jackie Markow (Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center)
$25 Gift Certificate Winners
Cheryl Eccleston / Erin McMann / Julie Lohman
The Quilted Crow
Maggie Judd/ Donna Lavoie / Deborah Vlass-Scallenn
Margie Swana / Lorette Brissett / Sue A Gill
Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center
Nancy Devine / Amy Millette / Lesley Santarpio
Weekly Door Prize Winners
Iva Poirier / Debbie Finnegan / Laura Russell / Brenda Hellman
The Quilted Crow
Diane Gadoury / Nancy Gypson / Kathy Dugan / Marian Johnson
Sally Spencer / Retta Brown / Brenda Dunn / Teresa Jardon
Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center
Pam DeLacey / Michelle Johnston / Shelley Miknaitis / Anne Barry