The Schoolhouse Shop Hop is now scheduled for July 7 through August 22, 2020.
The 2020 edition of the Schoolhouse Shop Hop, like everything else in 2020, is running a little differently this year. The participating stores modified the shop hop format so that we could limit overcrowding in our shops and give you, our customers and friends, ample time and opportunity to participate.
We strongly suggest that you verify a shop’s current hours before traveling to shop. Visit the Schoolhouse Shop Hop website and the official Schoolhouse Shop Hop Facebook page for the latest information. All the shops will be observing mandated precautions in effect at that time to limit possible exposure to the Coronavirus.
Shop Hop Format for 2020
- Visit the four participating shops with your Shop Hop booklet during each shop’s modified, COVID-19 business hours between July 7 and August 22.
- Check in with staff to receive a free fat quarter, the shop’s special free pattern, and a stamp in your booklet.
- See the shop hop quilts in person, and purchase fabric kits for the quilts (while supplies last).
- Enjoy exploring each shop at your own pace — without the usual time crunch and crowds!
- Remember to confirm each shop’s open days and hours before planning your visit!
- Get your booklet stamped at all four shops by August 22, and receive a coupon good for 20% off regularly priced items at each of the shops during October and November. (The 20% off coupon may be used during one visit at each shop during that time.)
- Haven’t registered? You can register when you come to shop at any of the participating shops to register. For $8 (per person, cash or check only), you will obtain your booklet, free fat quarter, free patterns, and, while supplies last, a shop hop tote bag.
Store Hours for the Participating Quilt Shops
- Quilted Threads: Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (August hours TBD)
- Cobblestone Quilts: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- The Quilted Crow: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center: Wednesday – Saturday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
We recommend that you check each shop’s business days and hours throughout the event since state mandated protocols can change weekly.
Our 2020 Shop Hop Quilts
Shop hop participants receive a free quilt pattern when they register. All participants receive the same pattern, but each shop sells fabric kits in their own choice of fabrics.
Each shop also offers a free quilt pattern to shop hop participants that is only available from that particular shop, and that participants received only if they visit the shop in person during the shop hop. We chose a modified log cabin quilt design that we made up using prints and yarn-dyed woven fabrics in blue, green, and gray from our large selection of Japanese taupes. Fabrics for this quilt are also available for purchase.
Supporting Local Charities
A portion of every booklet sale will be donated to a local charity. To see the list of charitable organizations the shop hop has supported and learn more about this year’s shop hop, visit the Schoolhouse Shop Hop website. You can also visit the Schoolhouse Shop Hop page on Facebook to keep up with all the latest “hop” news, including photos of the shop hop quilts made by all the participating shops!