Greystone is a 6-month block of the month (BOM) program from Island Batik using a pattern by Chris Hoover of Whirligig Designs. This dramatic star quilt, which finishes at 58″ x 74″, uses the Island Batik Sticks n’ Stones collection by Jean Wells for the top and binding.
The Greystone quilt features a variety of star blocks arranged in a sophisticated layout with a black background. The stars seem to sparkle in a midnight sky.
With its neutral palette of gray, black, white, and gray-blue, the Greystone quilt makes a wonderful gift for fans of modern, monochrome design. The Greystone BOM is six months long, so it’s possible to have a finished quilt in time for the holidays.
- Program Length: 6 months
- Start Date: May 15, 2022
- Cost: $32.99 per month; shipping available for an additional charge per month. Month One’s charge is non-refundable.
- Program Materials Included: pattern, printed foundation papers for two blocks that are paper pieced, fabrics for blocks, background, and binding; fabric for quilt back is not included
- Additional Supplies Needed: two Creative Grids rulers are needed to construct the blocks:
- 45 Degree Half Square Triangle Ruler (CGRT45)
- 90 Degree Quarter Square Triangle Ruler (CGRT90)
- Participants who buy these rulers from Quilted Threads receive a 25% discount from the regular price. NOTE: Due to the size and thinness of the rulers, we cannot ship the rulers.
- Schedule: Each month’s kit is available for pickup on the 15th of the month (or the earliest business day after the 15th) and is automatically charged to your credit card. You can pick up your kit during regular shop hours from the 15th onward. Shipped kits will post on or near the 15th of the month.
How to Register
Pre-registration is required as enrollment is limited. When you register, you pay for the first month’s kit. This first payment is non-refundable. Your credit card will be charged automatically each month for the duration of the program.
Please call or visit Quilted Threads at 603-428-6622 to reserve your spot.