- This event has passed.
2018-19 $8 Block Program – Month 9 – Wed
December 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Our 2018-19 $8 Block Program is now underway!
Introducing: Seeing Stars (76″ x 96″) by Sue Carter from Turning Twenty, a beautiful quilt that forms the foundation of our 2018 $8 Block Program.
Our interpretations of Sue’s quilt feature a dozen scrappy 12″ blocks (with companion 6″ blocks) set with a celestial star sashing and pinwheels, in either colorful Grunge fabrics by Moda, or a rich, muted palette of Japanese taupes.
Be sure to stop in and see our display of one completed block and companion 6″ block in each colorway, as well as a dozen miniature (glued) mock-ups of the program’s sampler blocks. It will give you a good indication of the fun that lies ahead in 2018-19!
Participants choose between two colorways, or plan to do both:
Our bright, colorful palette features the popular Grunge fabrics by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics.
Our rich, muted, traditional palette features authentic Japanese taupes by Daiwabo and Lecien.
Please make note of the following:
Our $8 Quilt Block Program meets at 8 am every 3rd Wed or Sat of the month for 12 months, beginning in April, 2018 and running through March, 2019.
**This year you will be required to complete BOTH the 12″ block and the companion 6″ block to qualify for the next month’s free kit.
Pre-registration is required. The following fees are due at time of enrollment:
– $8 (Grunge or Taupe colorway) – First month’s block(s) – non-refundable.
– Purchase of Pattern: Seeing Stars
There are a limited number of kits available in each palette, so we encourage you to sign up promptly to be assured of a spot in the program! We look forward to seeing you on the 18th or 21st of April, 2018!
In A Nutshell:
1. Select a session (Wednesdays or Saturdays).
2. Choose a colorway (Grunge or Taupe).
3. Purchase the first month’s block for $8 (includes fabric kit for both 12″ and 6″ blocks, and is non-refundable).
4. Your monthly kit will include fabric for a 12″ and companion 6″ block. Fabrics may differ depending on availability.
5. Bring your completed blocks to the next month’s session and get the following month’s kit free!
6. In addition, we will share all of the latest and greatest fabrics, pattern, books, and samples each month!
7. Successfully attend all 12 meetings and complete all blocks according to Program rules, and your total cost for the 12 kits will be $8!
We have a lot of fun with this event and look forward to having you join us. But we would also like you to review these conditions before you make a commitment to the program as we won’t be making any exceptions.
A Few Conditions:
•This year, we require that you leave a credit card on file with us for any unclaimed blocks at the end of the program.
•You’ll get 1 free kit each month in your selected colorway. If you’d like to make multiple blocks in either or both colorways, you must pay for any additions.
• Sessions will be held each month on the 3rd Wed & Sat at 8 am (see dates and exceptions below) and you must attend the session you register for without switching sessions. To receive your free kit, you must personally attend your assigned session. No exceptions.
• The doors to the store will open at 7:45 am. You will have 15 minutes to show your completed block and take a seat in the classroom.
• If your blocks are COMPLETED, you will get your next month’s kit for free.
• The sessions will start promptly at 8 am, when the doors to the shop will be closed. If you arrive late you may still attend the session, but you will have to purchase the next month’s block for $8.
• If your block is not completed, or you can’t attend for any reason (health, vacation, emergencies) you can buy that month’s kit for $8 any time after your scheduled meeting.
• You must stay for the entire demo to receive your kit, or pay $8 if you leave early. Sessions usually last 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
• We will not be sewing together during the sessions, but we’ll demonstrate how to complete each block.
• The minimum age for participating in the $8 Block Program is 18.
• Visitors and children are not permitted at this event and will not be allowed in the store before 10 am.
• After the session is completed, enjoy this special shopping time alone without your spouse or children! The store is open just for you!
2018-19 $8 Block Program Dates:
|Apr 18||Apr 21|
|May 16||May 19|
|June 20||June 16|
|July 18||July 21|
|Aug 15||Aug 18|
|Sep 19||Sep 15|
|Oct 17||Oct 20|
|*Nov 14||Nov 17|
|*Dec 12||Dec 15|
|Jan 16 (2019)||Jan 19 (2019)|
|Feb 20 (2019)||Feb 16 (2019)|
|Mar 20 (2019)||Mar 16 (2019)|