- This event has passed.
2017 $7 Block Program – Month 7 – Wed
October 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Our 2017 $7 Block Program is now underway!
Introducing: Quilting Cousins (67″ x 67″), a beautiful quilt by Lori Smith of From My Heart to Your Hands, that forms the foundation of our 2017 $7 Quilt Block Program.
Our interpretations of Lori’s quilt feature a dozen scrappy 10″ blocks in either a colorful batik, or rich traditional palette. Included in the program are two additional settings for the blocks, allowing for full customization!
Be sure to stop in and see our display of one completed block in each colorway, as well as a dozen miniature (glued) mock-ups of the program’s sampler blocks. It will give you a good indication of the fun that lies ahead in 2017!
Participants choose between two colorways, or plan to do both:
Our colorful batik palette includes fabrics from Hoffman Batiks (including the Me + You collection) and Moda Batiks (including the Latitude collection by Kate Spain).
Our traditional palette features rich reproduction fabrics from Andover, Windham, Moda, and Marcus Fabrics.
Please make note of the following:
Our $7 Quilt Block Program meets at 8 am every 3rd Wed or Sat of the month for 12 months, beginning in April, 2017 and running through March, 2018.
Pre-registration is required. The following fees are due at time of enrollment:
– $7 (Batik or Traditional colorway) – First month’s block(s) – non-refundable.
– Purchase of Pattern: Quilting Cousins by Lori Smith
There are a limited number of kits available in each palette, so we encourage you to sign up promptly to be assured of a spot in the program! We look forward to seeing you on the 15th or 19th of April, 2017 !
In A Nutshell:
1. Select a session (Wednesdays or Saturdays).
2. Choose a colorway (Batik or Traditional).
3. Purchase the first month’s block for $7 (includes fabric kit for 1 block, and is non-refundable).
4. Your monthly kit will include fabric for 1 block. Fabrics may differ depending on availability.
5. Bring your completed block to the next month’s session and get the following month’s kit free!
6. In addition, we will share all of the latest and greatest fabrics, pattern, books, and samples each month!
7. Successfully attend all 12 meetings and complete all blocks according to Program rules, and your total cost for the 12 kits will be $7!
We have a lot of fun with this event and look forward to having you join us. But we would also like you to review these conditions before you make a commitment to the program as we won’t be making any exceptions.
A Few Conditions:
•This year, we require that you leave a credit card on file with us for any unclaimed blocks at the end of the program.
•You’ll get 1 free kit each month in your selected colorway. If you’d like to make multiple blocks in either or both colorways, you must pay for any additions.
• Sessions will be held each month on the 3rd Wed & Sat at 8 am (see dates and exceptions below) and you must attend the session you register for without switching sessions. To receive your free kit, you must personally attend your assigned session. No exceptions.
• The doors to the store will open at 7:45 am. You will have 15 minutes to show your completed block and take a seat in the classroom.
• If your block is COMPLETED, you will get your next month’s block for free.
• The sessions will start promptly at 8 am, when the doors to the shop will be closed. If you arrive late you may still attend the session, but you will have to purchase the next month’s block for $7.
• If your block is not completed, or you can’t attend for any reason (health, vacation, emergencies) you can buy that month’s kit for $7 any time after your scheduled meeting.
• You must stay for the entire demo to receive your kit, or pay $7 if you leave early. Sessions usually last 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
• We will not be sewing together during the sessions, but we’ll demonstrate how to complete each block.
• The minimum age for participating in the $7 Block Program is 18.
• Visitors and children are not permitted at this event and will not be allowed in the store before 10 am.
• After the session is completed, enjoy this special shopping time alone without your spouse or children! The store is open just for you!
2017 $7 Block Program Dates:
|Apr 19||Apr 15|
|May 17||May 20|
|June 21||June 17|
|July 19||July 15|
|Aug 16||Aug 19|
|Sep 20||Sep 16|
|Oct 18||Oct 21|
|Nov 15||Nov 18|
|*Dec 13||Dec 16|
|Jan 17 (2018)||Jan 20 (2018)|
|Feb 21 (2018)||Feb 17 (2018)|
|Mar 21 (2018)||Mar 17 (2018)|