- This event has passed.
2016 $7 Block Program – Month 5 – Wed
August 17, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Pieced entirely from 2 1/2″ strips (plus 2 yards of fabric for alternating blocks and setting triangles), our versions of the quilt feature a dozen scrappy 12″ blocks in either a bright contemporary, or rich traditional palette.
Be sure to stop in and see the quilts hanging in our gallery. We added borders to one of the samples to show you additional possibilities.
Participants choose between two colorways, or plan to do both:
Our bright contemporary palette includes fabrics from such designers as Sarah Vedeler and Tula Pink, and our traditional palette features fabrics from Di Ford and other reproduction designers.
Please make note of the following:
Our $7 Quilt Block Program meets at 8 am every 3rd Wed or Sat of the month for 12 months, beginning in April, 2016 and running through March, 2017.
Pre-registration is required. The following fees are due at time of enrollment:
– $7 (Contemporary or Traditional colorway) – First month’s block(s) – non-refundable.
– Required Pattern: Manor House by Pam and Nicky Lintott (We offer a significant discount to participants)
– Optional Ruler: Creative Grids Multi-Size 45/90 Ruler (We offer a significant discount to participants)
There are a limited number of kits available in each palette, so we encourage you to sign up promptly to be assured of a spot in the program! We look forward to seeing you on the 16th or 20th of April, 2016 !
In A Nutshell:
1. Select a session (Wednesdays or Saturdays).
2. Choose a colorway (Contemporary or Traditional).
3. Purchase the first month’s block for $7 (includes fabric kit for 1 block, and is non-refundable).
4. Your monthly kit will include fabric for 1 block. Fabrics may differ depending on availability.
5. Bring your completed block to the next month’s session and get the following month’s kit free!
6. In addition, we will share all of the latest and greatest fabrics, pattern, books, and samples each month!
7. Successfully attend all 12 meetings and complete all blocks according to Program rules, and your total cost for the 12 kits will be $7!
We have a lot of fun with this event and look forward to having you join us. But we would also like you to review these conditions before you make a commitment to the program as we won’t be making any exceptions.
A Few Conditions:
•This year, we require that you leave a credit card on file with us for any unclaimed blocks at the end of the program.
•You’ll get 1 free kit each month in your selected colorway. If you’d like to make multiple blocks in either or both colorways, you must pay for any additions.
• Sessions will be held each month on the 3rd Wed & Sat at 8 am (see dates and exceptions below) and you must attend the session you register for without switching sessions. To receive your free kit, you must personally attend your assigned session. No exceptions.
• The doors to the store will open at 7:45 am. You will have 15 minutes to show your completed block and take a seat in the classroom.
• If your block is COMPLETED, you will get your next month’s block for free.
• The sessions will start promptly at 8 am, when the doors to the shop will be closed. If you arrive late you may still attend the session, but you will have to purchase the next month’s block for $7.
• If your block is not completed, or you can’t attend for any reason (health, vacation, emergencies) you can buy that month’s kit for $7 any time after your scheduled meeting.
• You must stay for the entire demo to receive your kit, or pay $7 if you leave early. Sessions usually last 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
• We will not be sewing together during the sessions, but we’ll demonstrate how to complete each block.
• The minimum age for participating in the $7 Block Program is 18.
• Visitors and children are not permitted at this event and will not be allowed in the store before 10 am.
• After the session is completed, enjoy this special shopping time alone without your spouse or children! The store is open just for you!
2016 $7 Block Program Dates:
|Apr 20||Apr 16|
|May 18||May 21|
|June 15||June 18|
|July 20||July 16|
|Aug 17||Aug 20|
|Sep 21||Sep 17|
|Oct 19||Oct 15|
|Nov 16||Nov 19|
|*Dec 14||Dec 17|
|Jan 18 (2017)||Jan 21 (2017)|
|Feb 15 (2017)||Feb 18 (2017)|
|Mar 15 (2017)||Mar 18 (2017)|