As we resume offering classes at our shop, we’ll update this list of class descriptions.
Classes take place in our spacious, well-ventilated classroom space on our shop’s second floor. All classes require pre-registration with payment. Please download and read the class supply list and class policies for the class you’re interested in attending.
Beginning Quilt Making Series
Mary Derry’s popular three-class series is for you if:
- You’ve always wanted to make a quilt, or
- You’ve made quilts but hope there’s an easier, better, faster way.
Class Dates (Three consecutive Wednesday sessions)
- Class 1: Oct 19, 9:00-2:30
- Class 2: Oct 26, 9:00-2:30
- Class 3: Nov 2, 9:00-2:30
Class Fee: $95 (covers all three sessions)
During three weekly sessions, you will gain basic skills in rotary cutting and machine piecing while making a unique lab/crib size quilt.
All the tricks and techniques you need to start your journey in quilt making will be covered and practiced, and the result will amaze you.
Class size is limited to assure a no-pressure environment with lots of personalized attention.
English Paper Piecing Series
Quilt artist, author, and instructor Judy Damon’s two-class series introduces you to the basics of English paper piecing (EPP), the hot topic among hand-sewists these days, with beautiful, intricate quilts by leading designers showing up everywhere.
Class Dates (Two consecutive Thursday sessions)
- Class 1: Oct 20, 10:00-1:00
- Class 2: Oct 27, 10:00-1:00
Class Fee: $70 (covers both sessions)
EPP is easy, it’s portable, and it offers endless possibilities for creativity. This class will introduce you to the basics of EPP:
- choosing fabrics and piece shapes
- cutting and basting
- joining and assembling blocks
- combining shapes and fussy cutting for the maximum wow factor
Judy will provide lots of examples for inspiration.
NOTE: This is a technique class for EPP beginners. It is not a project class.
Other Classes – Not Currently Offered
Ruler Work Machine Quilting
Join Anne Hunter as she guides you through an exploration of Ruler Work machine quilting on domestic machines. All machine brands are welcome in this class.
Duration: 3 hours
Class Fee: $45
Not Currently Offered
The class covers ruler work basics, with all students using the same rulers:
- Amanda Murphy’s Good Measure Every Angle Ruler, a straight edge ruler to create several designs for blocks and borders
- Westalee’s #26 Circles on Quilts
You’ll have plenty of time to practice with both rulers as well as try other ruler work rulers to create different designs.