Quilted Threads will once again offer in-person classes for BERNINA sewing machine owners! These classes introduce you to your BERNINA machine, from basics such as winding bobbins and threading the machine through exercises that show you how to use its capabilities to get the most from sewing with your BERNINA.
BERNINA Workbook Classes are for current BERNINA sewing machine models from the 8 Series, 7 Series, 5 Series, and 4 Series. Classes for current 3 Series machine are offered separately.
What Is a Workbook Class?
Our BERNINA Workbook Classes follow the “workbooks” that BERNINA creates for new machine users. Our instructors use these online workbooks as the basis for what we cover during the class. The classes are small and very hands-on, so that you have time to work with your own machine with support from our instructors.
There are two basic workbook classes:
- Workbook 1: Learn the basic operations of your sewing machine, exploring the power of BERNINA while creating samples of each exercise for future reference. Class will also cover the appropriate choice and use of different presser feet for different sewing tasks.
- Workbook 2: Explore decorative stitches and the use of embellishment techniques with your BERNINA machine. Class will also cover using your machine for free motion quilting and using the BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) for free motion quilting.
Who Should Take These Classes?
Owners of the machine models mentioned above who want to learn about their BERNINA machine are welcome. Classes are FREE for owners who purchased their machine from Quilted Threads, but all BERNINA machine owners are welcome to enroll. If you did not purchase your machine from Quilted Threads, the cost of each class is $60, which includes a materials kit to use in class exercises.
When Are These Classes Held?
Classes are held on one Thursday and one Saturday a month so that you can pick the day of the week that works best for you. The following dates are currently scheduled in 2022:
- Feb 3
- Mar 10
- Apr 7
- May 5
- June 2
- Feb 5
- March 12
- April 9 (for 3 Series machines only)
- May 7
- June 4
What Do I Bring to the Class?
- Your BERNINA machine, including power cord and foot pedal with cord
- BERNINA accessories that came with the machine, including: presser feet, tray table, freehand system (FHS), bobbins, tools, and machine oil
- Pen or Pencil
- Bag Lunch
How Do I Register?
Call us at 603-428-6622 and ask to speak with our BERNINA staff. We’re happy to answer questions and get you enrolled!