- This event has passed.
2015 $7 Block Program – Month 8
October 21, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
We are excited to introduce Toes In The Sand, a beautiful quilt by Jaybird Quilts, that forms the foundation for our 2015 $7 Quilt Block Program. Our version of the quilt – approximately 64” x 84” in size – features 12 pairs of scrappy pieced triangle blocks, and presents a fun deviation from the many years of traditional 12″ square blocks that have been featured in our programs!
Choose between two colorways, or plan to do both:
- Japanese Taupes: Features beautiful, imported yarn dyes and prints from Japan.
- Sophisticated Contemporary: Features an assortment of current, fun, sophisticated fabrics by such designers as Cotton + Steel, Carolyn Friedlander, and Cloud 9.
Please make note of the following:
– Our $7 Quilt Block Program meets at 8 am every 3rd Wed or Sat of the month (see dates and exceptions below) for 12 months, beginning in March, 2015. There are 12 pairs of blocks in this program, which will run from March 2015 through February 2016.
– Pre-registration is required (fees due at time of enrollment):
- $7 (Contemporary colorway) or $8 (Taupe colorway) – First month’s block(s) – non-refundable.
- Pattern: Toes In The Sand by Jaybird Quilts (We offer a significant discount to participants)
- Optional Ruler: Hex N More by Jaybird Quilts (We offer a significant discount to participants)
– We have a limited number of kits available in each palette, and encourage you to sign up promptly to be assured of a spot in the program! We look forward to seeing you on the 18th or 21st of March, 2015 !
In A Nutshell:
1. Select a session (Wednesdays or Saturdays).
2. Choose a colorway (Contemporary or Taupe).
3. Purchase the first month’s block for $7 or $8 (includes fabric kit for 2 blocks, and is non-refundable).
4. Your monthly kit will include fabric for 2 blocks. Fabrics may differ depending on availability.
5. Bring your completed block to the next month’s session and get the following month’s kit free!
6. In addition, we will share all of the latest and greatest fabrics, pattern, books, and samples each month!
7. Successfully attend all 12 meetings and complete all blocks according to Program rules, and your total cost for the 12 kits will be $7 or $8!
We have a lot of fun with this event and look forward to having you join us. But we would also like you to review these conditions before you make a commitment to the program as we won’t be making any exceptions.
A Few Conditions:
•This year, we require that you leave a credit card on file with us for any unclaimed blocks at the end of the program.
•You’ll get 1 free kit each month in your selected colorway. If you’d like to make multiple blocks in either or both colorways, you must pay for any additions.
• Sessions will be held each month on the 3rd Wed & Sat at 8 am (see dates and exceptions below) and you must attend the session you register for without switching sessions. To receive your free kit, you must personally attend your assigned session. No exceptions.
• The doors to the store will open at 7:45 am. You will have 15 minutes to show your completed block and take a seat in the classroom.
• If your block is COMPLETED, you will get your next month’s block for free.
• The sessions will start promptly at 8 am, when the doors to the shop will be closed. If you arrive late you may still attend the session, but you will have to purchase the next month’s block for $7 or $8.
• If your block is not completed, or you can’t attend for any reason (health, vacation, emergencies) you can buy that month’s kit for $7 or $8 any time after your scheduled meeting.
• You must stay for the entire demo to receive your kit, or pay $7 or $8 if you leave early. Sessions usually last 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
• We will not be sewing together during the sessions, but we’ll demonstrate how to complete each block.
• The minimum age for participating in the $7 Block Program is 18.
• Visitors and children are not permitted at this event and will not be allowed in the store before 10 am.
• After the session is completed, enjoy this special shopping time alone without your spouse or children! The store is open just for you!
2015 $7 Block Program Dates:
|Mar 18||Mar 21|
|Apr 15||Apr 18|
|May 20||May 16|
|June 17||June 20|
|July 15||July 18|
|Aug 19||Aug 15|
|Sept 16||Sept 19|
|Oct 21||Oct 17|
|Nov 18||Nov 21|
|Dec 16||*Dec 12|
|Jan 20 (2016)||Jan 16 (2016)|
|Feb 17 (2016)||Feb 20 (2016)|